Good dental hygiene habits start early, and when your children are young is the best time to reinforce them. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Clean your child’s mouth every day, even if he or she doesn’t have teeth yet. You can take a soft cloth and clean along their gums to get them used to the process. After teeth grow in, use a small child’s brush with soft bristles to gently brush teeth twice each day.
- When your children are old enough, help them brush their teeth. Because youngsters lack the dexterity to brush their own teeth properly until they are about eight years old, you’ll need to supervise the process to ensure it is done right.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride. There are many flavours of toothpaste available in shops that your child will enjoy. Just a tiny amount of toothpaste on the brush is adequate.
- Set a good example. Brush your teeth alongside your child. When mums and dads are good role models for oral health care, kids are more apt to pick up good habits.
- Bring your child in for a check-up at our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic where we are happy to provide children’s dentistry services.
Talking To Your Pascoe Vale Children's Dentist Is Important
We believe that taking a proactive approach to your child's dental health is important. If you're wondering about your child's dental care, or when to bring them in, please don't hesitate to contact us at Lumino Smiles Dental. We look forward to seeing your entire family.