Are you searching for effective, long-lasting treatments for the gaps in your smile? You’ve likely heard of dentures or known someone relying on dentures to eat their favourite foods and smile with confidence, but how do dentures fit and function?
How Do Dentures Fit?
Dentures offer a time-tested, versatile tooth replacement option for patients of a broad spectrum of ages with different tooth replacement needs. At Lumino Smiles Dental, we offer our patients three denture options to accommodate their specific needs.
- Complete dentures replace full sets of teeth and create suction in the parts of the mouth to stay in place.
- Partial dentures rely on small metal clasps and existing healthy teeth to stay put and replace missing teeth.
- Implant-retained dentures assist in stabilising ill-fitting dentures by using four to six strategically placed dental implants.
What If My Dentures Slip?
Whilst all dentures give patients a custom-fitting solution to assist with their tooth replacement, not all dentures may work appropriately due to the shape of a patient’s mouth or other contributing factors. We take great care in restoring our patients’ smiles, and dentures that won’t stay in place can make things like eating and speaking difficult. In the case of ill-fitting dentures, we may recommend implant-retained dentures. The titanium dental implants offer patients an incredibly sturdy and reliable option that anchors their dentures in place.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Dentures
Patients requiring implant-retained dentures can expect several advantages with implant-retained dentures that include:
- No more slippage
- The ability to feel more confident in social situations
- Increased functionality of dentures while eating
- Improvement in speech
- A confident smile!
Getting the right treatment for tooth replacement can do wonders for your smile! We strive to deliver the right results for our customers in Pascoe Vale and the surrounding areas. If your dentures don’t seem to fit correctly or if you have more questions regarding tooth replacement, we warmly invite you to contact us!