If you are an adult living with crooked teeth, chances are you have resigned yourself to a misaligned smile. Perhaps you missed out on orthodontics as a teen, or you had braces but didn’t wear your retainer as you should have, so your teeth have shifted out of a straight position.
The good news is that there are options for discreet braces that can straighten your smile—without the metal wires and brackets. We invite you to contact our Pascoe Vale dental clinic to find out if you are a good candidate for Invisalign invisible braces.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gently nudge the teeth into the desired alignment.
Here’s out it works: After a consultation with Dr Amir Kiaee and a discussion about your smile goals, he will take a mould of your teeth and order a series of aligners that will enable you to have the smile you desire at the end of treatment.
You will wear the aligners daily, for at least 22 hours, and every couple of weeks, you will swap out the old aligners for a new set. Over time, usually anywhere from six to 18 months, your teeth will move into a straightened position.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Aside from the obvious—the fact that the clear plastic aligners are virtually undetectable, even to someone sitting across from you—there are other advantages to Invisalign.
- Because patients remove them for eating, there are no food restrictions as there are with traditional braces.
- They are removed for cleaning, so maintaining your oral health during treatment is easy.
- The discreet plastic aligners fit into busy adult lifestyles.
- Treatment is often quicker with Invisalign than with traditional orthodontics.
- You will not need to make frequent trips to the dentist for adjustments as you would with wire-and-bracket braces.
What Are You Waiting For?
A beautiful, straight smile can be yours. We welcome your call to our Pascoe Vale dental surgery to book a consult to learn more about Invisalign.