What are the pros and cons of Invisalign?
If you are considering Invisalign at our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic, we welcome your call to talk to Dr Amir about whether this treatment is a good option for you. We have put together a list of pros and cons of treatment to help you make your decision.
Pros of Invisalign
- They are virtually invisible. When you are wearing the clear plastic aligners, even a person seated across the table would be hard-pressed to notice you are wearing them. Invisalign suits the busy lifestyle of adults, from stay-at-home mums to business executives.
- Treatment is usually quicker than with traditional orthodontics. Most of our patients reach their smile goals after 12 to 18 months of wearing the clear plastic aligners.
- You can keep your teeth clean more easily. Because the aligners are removed for brushing and flossing, you can better keep up with your oral health.
- There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. Removed for eating, this means that the clear plastic aligners do not impede your desire to enjoy your favourite foods during treatment.
Cons of Invisalign
- It’s easy to misplace the clear plastic aligners. Perhaps you wrap them in a napkin before a meal—then toss the napkin into the bin and forget about the aligner.
- Compliance is crucial, and it might be difficult for some people to commit to wearing the aligners for 22 hours each day.
- There is a bit of a learning curve when you first get the aligners, so you will have to get used to speaking with them in your mouth.
We invite you to call our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic to find out more about Invisalign.