How can we help you?
Choosing a dentist is an important decision for your family's health. We enjoy educating patients and making them feel confident in their decisions for their smiles.
Listed below are some of the most common enquiries we receive in our clinic. If your specific question is not listed below, we welcome you to telephone us directly for assistance or to contact us via our online form.
No question is too small or too complex. and you will find our team both friendly and knowledgeable.
Good dental hygiene habits start early, and when your children are young is the best time to reinforce them. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Clean your child’s mouth every day, even if he or she doesn’t have teeth yet. You can take a soft cloth and clean along their gums to get them used to the process. After teeth grow in, use a small child’s brush with soft bristles to gently brush teeth twice each day.
- When your children are old enough, help them brush their teeth. Because youngsters lack the dexterity to brush their own teeth properly until they are about eight years old, you’ll need to supervise the process to ensure it is done right.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride. There are many flavours of toothpaste available in shops that your child will enjoy. Just a tiny amount of toothpaste on the brush is adequate.
- Set a good example. Brush your teeth alongside your child. When mums and dads are good role models for oral health care, kids are more apt to pick up good habits.
- Bring your child in for a check-up at our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic where we are happy to provide children’s dentistry services.
Talking To Your Pascoe Vale Children's Dentist Is Important
We believe that taking a proactive approach to your child's dental health is important. If you're wondering about your child's dental care, or when to bring them in, please don't hesitate to contact us at Lumino Smiles Dental. We look forward to seeing your entire family.
We love welcoming children to our dental clinic. Our entire staff is dedicated to making our youngest patients feel comfortable and welcome.
Early childhood dental appointments allow Dr Amir and our hygienist to ensure that your child is developing normally and help prevent common childhood dental conditions, such as decay.
Is your clinic a family practice?
We take great pride in being a family-friendly practice. We gladly accommodate each and every member of the family. We even encourage parents to bring along their little ones to their dental appointments so the children can get used to the practice and create the habit of going to the dentist regularly.
When Should My Child Have Their First Dental Appointment?
We recommend that your child have their first dental visit about six months after their first tooth appears. This is a great time for parents to discuss important topics such as home care, habits such as thumb sucking and nutritional support for healthy teeth.
Can We Minimise the Need for Braces for My Child?
Dr Amir takes a proactive approach to orthodontics and will evaluate your child around age six or seven to determine if early orthodontic treatment will benefit their development. These early orthodontic treatments often reduce their time in braces in the future and prevent the need for orthodontic-related tooth extractions.
Is It Normal for Children to Snore?
Regular snoring is not normal for children and may indicate a medical condition called obstructive sleep apnoea. A sleep evaluation can reveal the underlying cause of snoring and may prevent neurological and developmental problems.
Should I Be Worried if My Child Grinds Their Teeth?
Anytime a child or adult grinds their teeth regularly, it is best to seek advice from a qualified practitioner as it can indicate an underlying medical or dental condition that requires treatment. Call our office if you have questions.