How can we help you?
Choosing a dentist is an important decision for your family's health. We enjoy educating patients and making them feel confident in their decisions for their smiles.
Listed below are some of the most common enquiries we receive in our clinic. If your specific question is not listed below, we welcome you to telephone us directly for assistance or to contact us via our online form.
No question is too small or too complex. and you will find our team both friendly and knowledgeable.
If you are considering Invisalign at our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic, we welcome your call to talk to Dr Amir about whether this treatment is a good option for you. We have put together a list of pros and cons of treatment to help you make your decision.
Pros of Invisalign
- They are virtually invisible. When you are wearing the clear plastic aligners, even a person seated across the table would be hard-pressed to notice you are wearing them. Invisalign suits the busy lifestyle of adults, from stay-at-home mums to business executives.
- Treatment is usually quicker than with traditional orthodontics. Most of our patients reach their smile goals after 12 to 18 months of wearing the clear plastic aligners.
- You can keep your teeth clean more easily. Because the aligners are removed for brushing and flossing, you can better keep up with your oral health.
- There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. Removed for eating, this means that the clear plastic aligners do not impede your desire to enjoy your favourite foods during treatment.
Cons of Invisalign
- It’s easy to misplace the clear plastic aligners. Perhaps you wrap them in a napkin before a meal—then toss the napkin into the bin and forget about the aligner.
- Compliance is crucial, and it might be difficult for some people to commit to wearing the aligners for 22 hours each day.
- There is a bit of a learning curve when you first get the aligners, so you will have to get used to speaking with them in your mouth.
We invite you to call our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic to find out more about Invisalign.
There is more to having straight teeth than just having a beautiful smile. Having straight teeth can actually improve health issues for some people.
Patients with the following issues might want to consider Invisalign:
TMJ—If you have a misaligned bite, this can contribute to issues with the jaw joint and lead to a disorder known as TMJ. This painful condition of the temporomandibular joint often causes earaches, headaches and neck pain.
Teeth grinding—People who have a tendency to grind their teeth do better when their bite is well-aligned. Wearing the Invisalign plastic aligners can also help relax the muscles that cause teeth grinding and clenching, and in some cases, patients find that their symptoms have been alleviated.
Difficulty cleaning the teeth—When teeth are crooked or overlapped, flossing and brushing can be more of a challenge. Properly aligned teeth have fewer spaces for bacteria to get trapped in, which can lead to the formation of plaque. Crooked teeth also make people prone to a condition known as ‘food impaction,’ which is when food particles get caught between the teeth. Even with good oral hygiene, these areas are tough to keep clean.
Contact our Pascoe Vale Clinic
Our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic welcomes your call to find out more about the benefits of Invisalign.
Invisalign is an option available for straightening the teeth that uses clear plastic aligners rather than the traditional metal brackets and wires of regular orthodontics. The clear aligners use a gentle pressure to nudge the teeth into place over a period of about a year to 18 months. The aligners must be worn 22 hours each day in order for patients to achieve their smile goals.
Every couple of weeks, patients will change the aligners for a new set that will continue to move the teeth into the desired position.
The aligners are removable, so patients can take them out for eating and cleaning the teeth. They can also be removed for the occasional important social or business occasion.
Although there is a slight learning curve at the beginning while patients grow accustomed to speaking while wearing the aligners, most people adjust well.
Contact Our Pascoe Vale Practice
If you are interested in Invisalign, we invite you to contact Dr Amir at our Pascoe Vale, VIC dental clinic, and he can tell you if you might be a good candidate for this discreet orthodontics treatment. Dr Amir primarily recommends Invisalign to older teens and adults who agree to be compliant with wearing the aligners for the allotted time each day.